Experienced Apparel Designer with proven ability to design creative product with positive sales results. Detailed oriented skills in fashion illustration, technical sketching, garment specification, and garment fit. Diverse knowledge in market research, print development, and garment production with a demonstrated passion for leadership and professional growth.
BROOKS SPORTS INC., Bothell, WA 2011 - Present
Apparel Developer - Licensed Apparel
Responsible for the development of Men’s and Women’s Technical and Casual Apparel and Graphic art for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and the Marine Corps Marathon.
• Research, design, and development all textile graphic prints building design briefs, providing art direction, and creating original designs relevant and saleable to the running industry.
• Collaborate with marketing team in seasonal line plan selection including color, styling, and embellishment providing an apparel collection meeting profit margin goals.
• Design and develop original styles producing technical sketches and building production spec packages as needed for events to enhance the apparel line.
• Create and manage seasonal development calendar from line conception through production ensuring all calendar, production, and delivery dates are met.
EDDIE BAUER INC., Bellevue, WA 2000 – 2009
Responsible for the design, development, and management of Women’s Active and Casual Shirts, Dresses, & Swimwear cover-ups from concept to reality including consumer and marketplace research, sketching, fabric/trim selection, print development, tech packs, presentation, and fit.
• Designed silhouettes, prints, and yarn dyed patterns providing innovative and relevant styles for the target consumer while achieving category MU% goals.
• Researched marketplace traveling to inspirational shopping destinations and trade shows generating trend reports and translating key trends into product designs.
• Collaborated with merchandising teams on past and present sales results influencing business strategies and achieving corporate and divisional sales goals.
• Developed tech packs for proto and production samples meeting calendar deadlines and ensuring receipt of the highest quality product samples.
• Conducted garment fit sessions and wear tests ensuring precise fit and comfort for the consumer.
• Managed Associate Designers, Assistant Designers, and student interns providing creative direction, and encouraging professional growth resulting in an efficient and motivated design team.
EDDIE BAUER INC., Bellevue, WA
Accountable for the design and development of Women’s Woven and Knit Dresses from concept through reality and assisting in the design and development of Women’s Woven Separates.
• Responsible for seasonal print, yarn dye, and embroidery artwork from development through final approval executing clean and modern patterns for the target consumer.
• Supported Designer in the design and development of Women’s Shirts, Pants, Skirts, and Blazers, initiating the finalization of tech packs and daily accountabilities.
• Trained Assistant Designers on CAD software and core responsibilities providing technical, and daily direction improving design team efficiency.
EDDIE BAUER INC., Bellevue, WA
Assisted the Women’s Sweater, Knit, and Woven designers for the retail and catalog divisions supporting daily overseas correspondence, presentation preparations, CAD development, and calendar management.
• Developed original CAD artwork maintaining design concept cohesiveness throughout all style categories.
• Sketched illustrations for seasonal color and concept presentation boards interpreting a clear seasonal concept.
• Responsible for the review and correspondence of seasonal color lab dip approvals resulting in color consistency throughout the retail store.
PREMONITION CLOTHING CO., Seattle, WA 2002 - 2004
Owner & Designer
• Designed and Developed Women's Contemporary Seperates for independent boutique sales.
• Produced and managed seasonal photoshoots including site selection, model selection, and styling.
CUTTER & BUCK, Seattle, WA 1999 – 2000
Product Development Assistant
• Measured Men’s and Women’s production samples determining quality assurance.
• Sorted, labeled, and filed past and current textile swatches ensuring an organized and accurate textile library.
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Micrografx, Pointcarre, Primavision, WebPDM, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes
Associates of Applied Arts Degree, Fashion Design, Art Institute of Seattle, Seattle, WA 1999
Courses in Textiles, Multicultural Studies, Shoreline Community College, Shoreline, WA
Giddens School, Costume Designer, Seattle, WA
The Ruby Room, Dress Designer, Seattle, WA
Teen Feed, Meal Team Leader, Seattle, WA
Fare Start, Volunteer Wait Staff, Seattle, WA
Summit K-12 School, Student Book Group Leader, Seattle, WA
Eddie Bauer Inc., Best Of Bauer 2000, 2001, 2003, 2008